Recently, Justin Bullington published an article on the Every Last One blog entitled "5 Questions I'd Ask a Missionary Friend Before I Supported Them."
- Have they been trained for cross-cultural ministry?
- Have they received biblical education?
- Will they learn the language and the culture first?
- Do they teach the Bible chronologically?
- Are they making disciples or making dependents?
The right answers to this questions are, I believe, self-evident. And, what Justin is getting at is this basic idea: "Are serious enough about this matter that you are willing to, first, discover what will be required of you; and, second, prepare yourself to be as equipped as possible to accomplish that which is required of you?"